Lille, a city at the heart of Europe
The region “Nord-Pas-de-Calais” is known for the quality of its hospitality and its dynamic young population. Given its location, Lille, which is the 4th largest agglomeration in France, puts Europe within reach. It is also located one hour from the seaside towns of the North Sea.
A tourist destination
Thanks to its dynamism and cultural diversity, Lille was chosen, in 2004, as Cultural Capital of Europe. Today, it is one of the most visited towns in France for a short break. After the success of Lille 2004, a new cultural event, Lille 3000, will take place every 2 years, based around the themes of modernity and the cultures of the world.
MAJOR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS WITHIN EASY REACH
Hotel and public transport - Lille
Developed at the heart of the University of Science and Technology of Lille, it is to Pr Robert Gabillard and his team that we owe this new means of transport, small and fully autonomous.
Inaugurated on April 25, 1983, it is the first automatic subway in the world, and also the one with the highest frequency!
The Lille metro is fast, comfortable, and accessible. It serves many municipalities such as Lomme, Lambersart, Mons en Baroeul…
Frequency of passage : During the day, we wait on average 1 to 2 minutes and never more than 3 minutes. Late in the evening and during the slowest periods, never more than 8 minutes.
The Lille metro has two lines:
CHU – Eurasanté => 4 Cantons Stade P. Mauroy
Lomme Saint-Philibert => CH. Dron
Subway fare : The price of a metro ticket is 1,80€. Thanks to this ticket, you can travel for 1 hour on the entire MEL bus, metro or streetcar network. If you have a journey limited to 3 stations (including the departure station) on the streetcar or metro network, you can opt for the ZAP ticket at the price of 1.20€.
Hotel recommendations :
Some hotel located near the University of Lille :
- Hotel Kyriad Lille Est – Villeneuve d’Ascq: Located 5 minutes away from the University of Lille, this hotel offers comfortable and modern rooms.
- Mercure Lille Métropole: This hotel is situated 10 minutes away from the University of Lille and features spacious and well-equipped rooms.
- Novotel Lille Aéroport: Located approximately 15 minutes away from the University of Lille by car, this modern hotel offers comfortable rooms and easy airport access.
- Hôtel Morphée: Situated in Villeneuve d’Ascq, near the University of Lille, this hotel features contemporary and well-equipped rooms.
- Park Inn by Radisson Lille Grand Stade: This hotel is located approximately 15 minutes away from the University of Lille and offers modern and spacious rooms.
Some hotel located near the Lille Flandres Metro Station:
- Novotel Lille Centre Gares: This hotel is situated just a few minutes’ walk from Lille Flandres Metro Station and offers modern rooms with all necessary amenities for a comfortable stay.
- Ibis Lille Centre Gares: Located only a 5-minute walk from Lille Flandres Metro Station, this hotel features simple and functional rooms that are perfect for a short stay.
- Hotel Continental: This charming hotel is located just 200 meters from Lille Flandres Metro Station and offers cozy rooms with a traditional French decor.
- Hotel Lille Europe: Situated within a 10-minute walk from Lille Flandres Metro Station, this hotel offers contemporary rooms with a variety of amenities to make your stay comfortable.
- Best Western Premier Why Hotel: Located just a few minutes’ walk from Lille Flandres Metro Station, this hotel offers stylish and modern rooms with a variety of amenities to suit your needs.
It is recommended to check availability and rates directly on the hotel websites and to book in advance to guarantee a room.
POLYTECH LILLE - CRIStAL - University of Lille
VISA AND TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
Confirmation letters for all authors of accepted papers who register for the conference will be issued. This letter can be used to obtain a travel visa if required. Please note that the confirmation letter in the standard format will be issued to conference registrants.
Letters confirming registration without an accepted paper may be issued by the conference organizers on an individual basis. Please contact us if you require a confirmation letter in advance.
For information on visa requirements, please contact your local Embassy or Consulate General of France, and check the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of France.